Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Full vinyl wrapping for small van around Clare / Galway / Limerick ?

Options
  • 13-04-2024 8:29pm
    Registered Users Posts: 19

Can anyone suggest a wrapping service in the mid-west for my small van?

It's an '04 VW Caddy 1.9TDi (one of the very last of the mk2 old style). Nothing wrong with the paint job and it has no rust, but it looks like I'll be keeping it a while since it's a really decent example, totally unmolested and well serviced. It has astonishingly low miles at 80k. Only thing — I've always HATED the colour!

Would consider a respray, but sounds like I wouldn't get much change out of €3k for a decent job — correct me if I'm wrong by all means… but a wrap sounds like it might be cheaper.

Be great to hear of anyone with a good reputation for doing full-body wraps that's around?

Also, I know nothing about wrapping — how many years am I likely to get out of it, does it have a 'life-expectancy'?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 19 audiobabble

I'm going to comment again to say… maybe wrapping isn't much cheaper when you really look into it. From what I've been reading it seems you 'get what you pay for'… and a top-notch job could easily cost €2 - €2.5k… but maybe I'm wrong.

Added to that is the fact that it's not likely to last as long as a proper paint job (which is essentially for the life of the car if looked after)… so maybe a re-spray is a better option.

So.. recommendations of good sprayers would also be appreciated :)

• Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators Posts: 11,054 Mod ✭✭✭✭MarkR

https://www.instagram.com/proimage_lk?igsh=azIxZHh1d3VoMHZw

• Registered Users Posts: 291 ✭✭drury..

The wrapper would be worth more than the van

• Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators Posts: 11,054 Mod ✭✭✭✭MarkR

You're still talking thousands I'd say.

• Registered Users Posts: 19 audiobabble

You're not wrong there! Hence why I can't see the point in selling it for some time to come — I wouldn't get anything half as decent with the proceeds.

• Advertisement
Advertisement