Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Thread Closed Dispute

Options
  • 13-04-2024 8:08pm
    Registered Users Posts: 6,421 ✭✭✭

I started a thread to discuss Israel’s attack on the Iranian consulate in Damascus.
    This thread was closed by Moderator Beasty because there is already a thread “about Israel”.
    The existing thread is titled Hamas attack on Israel.
    Do all future threads involving Israel have to take place in a thread about an attack on Israel 6 months ago?

Multo autem ad rem magis pertinet quallis tibi vide aris quam allis

Post edited by Beasty on

Comments

• Administrators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 75,489 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Beasty

As I have told you via PM. You are banned from the existing thread. Your thread was already discussing the current conflict, and indeed other posters banned from the other thread were using the new thread to discuss the new conflict

The attack on the Iranian consulate is very clearly part of the wider conflict involving Israel and can be, and indeed has been discussed in the existing thread

• Registered Users Posts: 6,421 ✭✭✭SafeSurfer

Could you indicate at what stage a separate thread on attacks by Israel on other countries will be permitted?

As you say yourself, what is the issue with discussing a “new conflict” in a new thread?

For example, will discussion of an Iranian/Israeli conflict only be permitted in the “Hamas Strikes Israel” thread?

• Administrators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 75,489 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Beasty

Moved to Help Desk as the Dispute Resolution Forum deals with pointed warnings and forum bans

As I mentioned to you, Help Desk deals with complaints like this one

That would depend on how the story evolves. And since the earlier thread was closed there has been a significant development hitting the news headlines this evening. A thread has been started to discuss that development. That thread is not for discussion of the conflict in Gaza though

Neither was the thread I started about the “new conflict” of which tonight’s developments are a part.
    The thread you closed could have been used to discuss this new conflict, including by people you have thread banned from a discussion of an earlier conflict. Hours after closing one thread relating to Iran/Israel conflict you are permitting another.

• Advertisement

In my opinion, threads are being permitted to be started on Israel, depending on the stance of the OP.

So you will complain whatever the outcome

Outcome of what? Is there an appeals process or not? Where does one go if one feels bullied by a Mod?

There is no formal appeal against such mod actions. You can start a thread here to discuss which is what I told you via PM. I also told you I would tell you here what I told you via PM.

As it is you very quickly got yourself banned from the new thread which I would suggest backs up my decision to close the thread you started. You decided to be uncivil in the latest thread which is why you were banned from the original Israel/Hamas thread

“I have investigated myself and found myself to be correct.”
    So no appeals process, no anti bullying policy. No bullying complaints procedure. Disputes are adjudicated by the mod one has the dispute with.
    Is Boards.ie now being hosted in North Korea.

• Advertisement

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.

Advertisement