Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Vodafone Gigabox - VDSL2 In Bridge Mode

Options
  • 13-04-2024 7:19am
    Registered Users Posts: 1

Hi all,

I've been scouring through various Vodafone "bridge mode" forums, but I'm struggling to find a definitive answer for my specific situation. What I'm aiming for is to retain my Gigabox (Modem-Router combo) as the modem only that's connected to Vodafone's network but put it into bridge mode and pass that connection onto my own router running OpnSense. Is this feasible? And if so, could you guide me through the necessary steps?

I've attempted this already, but after rebooting the Gigabox, it enters a perpetual "connecting to internet" state where the internet light flashes without stabilizing. Although my OpnSense router receives a private IP from the Gigabox, attempts to ping google.com fail at the Gigabox.

Just to clarify, I'm keen to avoid double NATing, and my primary reason for keeping the Gigabox as the modem passthrough device is to have a backup in case of adverse weather conditions causing issues on the line + I do not have a VDSL2 connection on my OpnSense device.

My setup is FTTC (Fiber to the Cabinet).

I hope this is clear, if not let me know and thanks in advance.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,004 ✭✭✭Glaceon

What's your WAN configuration on the OpnSense box? If you're getting a private IP then it sounds like it's on DHCP. It should be PPPoE, with the following credentials:

Username: vodafone@vodafone.ie

Password: broadband

Advertisement