Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Letter from social welfare

Options
  • 12-04-2024 10:13am
    Registered Users Posts: 6,143 ✭✭✭

A relative received a letter to attend her local social welfare office in person next week between a certain time and bring identification with her.

Is this normal?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,294 ✭✭✭beachhead

I would expect so.Do they have a PSC card already?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,530 ✭✭✭SuperBowserWorld

Yes, if you are receiving social welfare, but would be strange otherwise.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,315 ✭✭✭Shoog

They can call to your house. They basically want to establish you are real and that you are available as per the conditions of your contract with them. Nothing to worry about really.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,143 ✭✭✭munsterlegend

Yes sorry she works part time but also receives jobseekers. Thanks for the replies. Its between 2 and 3 30 she was told to call in with id. I presume its not an interview given there is no set time.

• Registered Users Posts: 765 ✭✭✭JVince

absolutely normal just as you can get a random tax inspection.

They carry thousands of these checks out each year

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,143 ✭✭✭munsterlegend

She hasn't been asked to bring any documents or given a specific time. Just to bring her public services card between a certain time.

• Registered Users Posts: 765 ✭✭✭JVince

doesn't need documents. They simply ask questions and update the profile.

• Registered Users Posts: 26,924 ✭✭✭✭Dempo1

Sounds to me like it's a Review & likely referral to a job activation program, even those working part time can and are refffered

Is maith an scáthán súil charad.

Advertisement