Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

What Motor Tax on an Import?

Options
  • 12-04-2024 9:59am
    Registered Users Posts: 163 ✭✭

Aside from VRT and the other taxes I need to pay importing a car, what determines the annual motor tax payable? I had previously looked at a Disco 4 from 2016. Maths didn’t work out but I couldn’t find an answer to this query. Would I have paid Motor tax based on WLTP or NEDC values? Ultimately I might end up paying the same amount but the amount payable differs depending on the car.

Thanks in advance.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,861 ✭✭✭User1998

NEDC

• Registered Users Posts: 163 ✭✭ferg01

Thanks 👍🏻. Sorry, one more, does the V5 show the relevant CO2 figure? Do just apply that figure to the relevant number under NDEC?

Have gone down a rabbit hole here on Autotrader!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,236 ✭✭✭goochy

€1200 Road tax on a SDV6 disco.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,861 ✭✭✭User1998

Yes. But why are you looking at UK cars? You have to pay 35.3% customs duty and VAT. Its cheaper to buy here.

I was wondering if you’d get a much better spec / lower mileage version of what you’d get here but yeah difficult to find value unless you’ve lived there and are exempt from customs and VAT. Back to DoneDeal so!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,236 ✭✭✭goochy

you might but you will pay for it , maybe try up north

Thanks again all! Helpful as always 👍🏻

Advertisement