Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Sky stream or Vodafone Play Remotes

Options
  • 12-04-2024 6:39am
    Registered Users Posts: 95 ✭✭

Hi

I have sky hd box in a central media room in the house which is Cat 5 wired.

I am looking at putting in the new sky stream or vodafone play box but the remotes signal wont reach where the box will be located.

Just wondering if there is a bluetooth range extender or some other device I can get to contol the box from 20+metres and a few wall away from the box

Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,968 ✭✭✭emaherx

I believe you can use an IR extender with Sky Stream, but will loose voice control.

Apparently holding 4&6 for 5 seconds puts remote in IR mode. Box by default uses IR to wake from standby.

How is your video signal distributed?

I can control the Sky Stream box with my LG remote over HDMI-CEC. Not sure if that is much use over 20+ meters though.

Post edited by emaherx on

• Registered Users Posts: 95 ✭✭Tmurf

Hi

I am using an Aton HDR44 to distribute to 4 rooms over cat5, it uses an signal from each room back to it.

A few years back I tried upgrading from skyhd Box to the skyq but the sky Q remote wouldn't control it through the IR, the sky installer guy didn't have a clue and was saying to move out of the room to get the Bluetooth signal to change channel.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,968 ✭✭✭emaherx

HDMI - CEC would be no use anyway so.

Sky Q remotes can also be changed to IR mode in the same way. AFAIK the only difference is lack of voice search capability. If you can live with that there shouldn't be an issue with using Sky Q or Sky Stream.

• Registered Users Posts: 95 ✭✭Tmurf

great stuff thanks - I will look into it and see what sky say

Thanks

Advertisement