Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Is tutoring adults worthwhile? (ETB)

Options
  • 11-04-2024 7:52pm
    Registered Users Posts: 78 ✭✭

Is adult tutoring with ETBs worthwhile? I am on the local panel and have been approached and am considering it. It is an area I enjoy but I am already working full time and very busy. Also, in my experience I end up paying over 50% tax on any extra income other than my day job. Any tutors advise?

Post edited by drserious4 on

Comments

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 27,120 CMod ✭✭✭✭spurious

Not sure what you mean by adult tutoring - night classes? Classes for community groups? Adult literacy?

Money wise, it is not going to be worth it as half will go in tax, but in terms of experience and 'feel good' it often is.

Advertisement