Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

FULL Practical driving test in Ireland

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,861 ✭✭✭User1998

Theory test questions, and questions about the controls of the vehicle.

Some driving instructors will have a list of all possible questions.

• Registered Users Posts: 322 ✭✭JP 1800

Firstly they will go through theory questions such as use of a yellow box, when to dip headlights etc. Then will point at road signs and ask you what they mean, e.g. dangerous bend ahead. Then can ask to demonstrate hand signals. After that you go to the car and answer technical questions followed by the practical test.

• Registered Users Posts: 47 Woodcutting

I had to open the bonnet and show where a couple of parts were. Where coolant went and where you put oil, I think were the questions, maybe a third, can't remember

• Registered Users Posts: 30,199 ✭✭✭✭freshpopcorn

The tester will bring in their office.

They'll ask you road signs.

Then they'll ask you questions? I was certainly asked about continues lines and dipping lights(I think).

Then we went to the car I popped my bonnet, showed, where the oil, water, brake fluid, etc was and I said if it was a minimum I'd top it up.

Then back in the car I'm fairly sure I showed him how I worked my lights, de fogged the window, etc.

If you know your signs and know how your car works you should be fine. If it goes wrong don't get overly worked up about it either.

Advertisement