Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Recommend a budget friendly long range outdoor laser level

Options
  • 11-04-2024 12:27pm
    Registered Users Posts: 6,140 ✭✭✭

I have several fairly large areas of garden at my home (midlands) that I will be developing over the coming years. As part of the development, I will be installing french drains and I also plan to create some large ponds that the drains can run off to. The land is gently sloping but some areas are only slightly sloping so I want to track the levels so I can ensure that the plans in my head can translate to what is physically possible, in terms of gravity.

So I need a laser level that will work outdoors (green laser, I would imagine) and can work to a reasonable distance - 50m would suffice but if that would be prohibitively expensive, I could use something with less range and just use marker posts in increments. CAn anyone suggest what could be best for my needs, please?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 145 ✭✭bfclancy2

dumpy level and a staff

• Registered Users Posts: 6,140 ✭✭✭highdef

This is the best solution for my sorts of requirements? ie: Outdoors, daytime and relatively long distances.

Thank you, in any case.

• Registered Users Posts: 45,823 ✭✭✭✭muffler

Yeah the dumpy level and staff should do the job for you. I've been using a Nikon brand for years without complaint. It's 18x magnification and I have no bother reading the staff from 70 - 80 metre s

• Registered Users Posts: 3,593 ✭✭✭chooseusername

A length of water hose and Youtube.

A very budget friendly, as long as your hose, outdoor laser water level

• Registered Users Posts: 145 ✭✭bfclancy2

the only thing is it is a two person job one to hold the staff and one to use the dumpy, that may not suit

• Advertisement
Advertisement