Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

3 Seater Small High Spec Van Exist? Auto - Led Lights etc?

Options
  • 11-04-2024 12:56am
    Registered Users Posts: 64 ✭✭

Hi All,
    I wont into a huge amount of detail but I am potentially starting a new job soon with the offer of a company car. Now I have had my fairshare of company bik and with the EV grants dropping after next year and the vast amount of mixed travelling I need a 3 seater van but must have certain criteria.

Have spent all day looking and nothing I can see online ticks all the boxes:

• Automatic gearbox
    • Small size eg Caddy/Berlingo/ Mercedes Citan, transit conmect etc 650kg or so payload.
    • Must have Led daytime driving headlights (not halogen)
    • Rear camera and parking sensors.
    • Cruise control
    • Fit two booster type toddler kids seats
    • Diesel preferable or petrol.
    • Apple Carplay screen
    • Not a huge leadtime
    • Look respectable for Sales meetings.

The Mercedes Citan that I know is a shared platform has everything listed above etc that it is only a 2 seater: https://www.donedeal.ie/commercials-for-sale/mercedes-benz-citan-112l-pro-in-magnetite-grey/36148469

Renault Kangoo EDC Advance has it all except no Led headlights: https://www.donedeal.ie/commercials-for-sale/renault-kangoo-kangoo-ml19-dci-115-edc-advanc/36478220?modal=gallery

i can see Uk specs for the Nissan Townstar but only one place up North has a non EV listed (1 Litre Petrol) but doesnt show it as Automatic: https://www.imotors.ie/vehicle?id=kA6r3

Ford said they cant order anymore Transit connects now as new one is being realised but have no details to share of newer version.

Any ideas or if anyone can point me in the right direction?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,861 ✭✭✭User1998

I’d say the highest spec new model Caddy has most of that stuff.

LED’s, reverse cameras, and Apple CarPlay can easily be retrofitted too

• Registered Users Posts: 64 ✭✭hogan86

The caddy would be perfect but it only comes in a two seater from what I can tell. Doesnt appear to ever have been a three seater one?

• Registered Users Posts: 73,383 ✭✭✭✭colm_mcm

Berlingo Enterprise Vision 130 would do most of what you want.

• Automatic gearbox - yes
    • Small size eg Caddy/Berlingo/ Mercedes Citan, transit conmect etc - yes
    • Must have Led daytime driving headlights (not halogen) - no
    • Rear camera and parking sensors. - yes
    • Cruise control - yes
    • Fit two booster type toddler kids seats - yes, depending.
    • Diesel preferable or petrol. - diesel
    • Apple Carplay screen - yes
    • Not a huge leadtime - unknown
    • Look respectable for Sales meetings. - in the right colour these are quite smart.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,459 ✭✭✭vandriver

To be clear,you want 3 seats in the front of a van?

If so,most of the vans you mention simply aren't wide enough.

I'd check two boosters would even fit side by side in the Kangoo.

Also,why only led running lights?

• Registered Users Posts: 13,036 ✭✭✭✭prawnsambo

From what I can find, it seems you can get aftermarket LED DRLs for the Berlingo van and they're relatively inexpensive.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,236 ✭✭✭goochy

no way you can get x2 kids seats to fit in a van that size - you want your cake and to eat it , dont think bosses would be happy eitjher

• Registered Users Posts: 13,036 ✭✭✭✭prawnsambo

The Berlingo comes in a three seat version. Also most company vehicles allow personal use. You think your average repmobile isn't allowed have kids in it?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,459 ✭✭✭vandriver

If it's taxed commercially,which as a company van it would be,then no you're not allowed to drive your kids around on non work related trips.

Frankly the whole idea sounds half baked.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,236 ✭✭✭goochy

i driver an older berlingo with 3 seats that doesnt mean child seats will fit side by side

• Registered Users Posts: 1,354 ✭✭✭Lenar3556

If he is bringing it home with him, then based on current revenue rules, he will be liable to BIK at 8% of the original market value.

The business should ensure that the motor tax category is correct. i.e. based on the CO2 system, not using the concessionary ‘goods only’ commercial rate.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,013 ✭✭✭Casati

Proace City is available with 3 seats and a nice 130bhp 1.5 auto. Not idea of the spec but they look quite well

• Registered Users Posts: 1,002 ✭✭✭Gorteen

Are the Proace any good?

I ask because I don't see as many Proaces on the road as Peugeot, VW or Citroen equivalents?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,861 ✭✭✭User1998

Advertisement