Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Alfa Romeo Junior

Options
  • 10-04-2024 11:28pm
    Registered Users Posts: 15,575 ✭✭✭✭
    Ms

Mod Note: Title changed due to car name being changed.

I see a few design cues from several makes here. I see some Renault in the front and some Lexus in the rear 3/4.

I think some chrome in the grill would make it look much better as it looks half finished.

Live long and Prosper

Peace and long life.

Post edited by liamog on

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,167 ✭✭✭fafy

looks very well designed, first look here by Complete Car . ie

• Registered Users Posts: 21,380 ✭✭✭✭ELM327

I see the Alfisters are taking the proverbial out of it in various Alfa fanboy groups online. I don't see what this is needed for tbh. The best part of an alfa is always the engine note - be that the twinspark 4 cyl or the beautiful busso V6 or the newer ferrari derived v8v6 from the Giulia.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,574 ✭✭✭Eoinbmw

Alfa used to have style!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,200 ✭✭✭Miscreant

Looks like a mashup of a Bz4x, Qashqai and CH-R but then, crossovers/SUVs are all the rage now so this will likely sell reasonably well.

I didn't watch the video but I imagine it is based on the same architecture as the Jeep Avenger, Opel Mokka and Fiat 500. What price will it land at though? I figure it will be around the 35 - 40k mark, as usual.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,575 ✭✭✭✭AMKC
    Ms

"I didn't watch the video but I imagine it is based on the same architecture as the Jeep Avenger, Opel Mokka and Fiat 500. What price will it land at though?"

Fiat 600e actually and yes the Jeep Avenger too as well as the Opel frontera not Mokka.

Live long and Prosper

Peace and long life.

• Advertisement

• Registered Users Posts: 1,784 ✭✭✭mailforkev

Just know that it will be priced too expensive by the importers here.
    Saw the electric Abarth 500 earlier was 50k, absolute madness.

Its a premium niche EV, but really looks good

The uK website has some details up,(no pricing yet) looks like the Technology Pack is essential kit, which gives adaptive LED Matrix headlamps, Level 2 assisted driving, semi auto parking, powered tailgate, but base model,seems to have a rather slow 0 to 100km of 9’seconds. The upgraded “Veloce” is 7 seconds, but likely to be thousands more.

https://www.alfaromeo.co.uk/models/milano-elettrica

Car Name has been changed to "Junior", as the Mailano name had some legal issues,

https://www.autoexpress.co.uk/alfa-romeo/milano/362865/remember-alfa-romeo-milano-now-its-alfa-romeo-junior

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,558 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dades

Those legal reasons just sound like someone high up has an agenda, and Alfa could not be bothered dealing with it, or greasing the right palms.

The original Alfa Junior was a beauty anyway.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,551 ✭✭✭MojoMaker

Alfa haven't had favourable pricing in Ireland for a long time, so although this looks like a nice package, prepare for it to be unrealistically priced here and as a result, struggle to make meaningful sales.

Priced at or slightly under the Renault Megane it has a chance.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,407 ✭✭✭eagerv

As a bit of an Alfa Aficionado I must say that I am a bit disappointed with the look of the Junior. Looks like any other slab fronted models, not particularly aerodynamic or safety friendly to pedestrians or cyclists..

• Registered Users Posts: 15,575 ✭✭✭✭AMKC
    Ms

https://www.alfaromeo.ie/models/alfa-romeo-junior-elettrica

Just need the price now and specs for it.

I think it will be around 45k to 50k.

Live long and Prosper

Peace and long life.

Advertisement