Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Should I try to sell this car

Options
  • 10-04-2024 7:40pm
    Registered Users Posts: 36

Hi guys

I have a 09 A3 that I bought new. It has a full service history but the last check up says we need a new gearbox. The original gearbox was reconditioned and I have been advised to get a new or second hand gearbox. I have decided this is the end of the road for me but I wonder if there is a market for this type of car

It is in pretty good nick and would probably even pass the NCT which is due. It drives perfectly except for sixth gear which is noisy

I am not looking to make a load of cash on this or pull a fast one

Is it worth putting up on done deal or adverts for 1.5k?

Thanks

J

Tagged:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,871 ✭✭✭User1998

Of course you can try sell it. You can tell any potential customers that the only issue is 6th gear is a bit noisy. Might not be a major issue for some people.

Advertisement