Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Lens exchange surgery Monofocal plus, "Eyehance". Anyone know about these lenses?

Options
  • 10-04-2024 10:18am
    Registered Users Posts: 8,718 ✭✭✭

I had my first consultation with Optical Express for lens exchange surgery and they advise their monofocal Johnson & Johnson Eyehance IOLs which are supposed to give a better range of vision than regular monofocal lenses. Does anyone have any experience of these lenses? I'd appreciate hearing some opinions. Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4 PhilLaw

Hi Sudzs. I'm in the same boat as you. Want to do this surgery but can't find anyone who has had them done. Was originally looking at multifocal but after consultation with surgeon he recommended enhanced monofocal as distance vision is more important to me. I play alot of golf. So I will have to still wear reading glasses but everything from arms length out should be good. Also the multifocals are prone to glare and halo's at night which turned me off those. It's obviously a big decision to make so I've been in two minds if I should do it or not. But I think the enchanced monofocals are the ones for me. I don't mind having to wear reading glasses. Well, I say that now

• Registered Users Posts: 8,718 ✭✭✭sudzs

Well I can't get the multifocal lenses as I've had laser surgery before and the glare from lights would probably be too bad. And I couldn't have any laser enhancement if that was necessary. A bit disappointing but I'd be happy with the advanced monovision I think. They say you can see the car dash clearly with them and then a +1 to +1.5 prescription for reading.

Advertisement