Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Family Member Thinking of Buying 3008 PHEV

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,344 ✭✭✭Bobson Dugnutt

I've a family member coming back to live in Ireland and they have their eye on this:

https://www.donedeal.ie/cars-for-sale/peugeot-3008-fl-allure-1-6-phev-225-fwd-aut/36714318?modal=gallery

I don't have too much idea about what the status of PHEV is at the moment, and whether this is a good car. They have owned petrol Peugeot's in the past and like them. They will also have own drive access to a home charger.

I know they should probably tell them to DYOR (and be told that myself), but trying to make the move back a little easier for them.

Is that dramatically overpriced? Is a Peugeot PHEV a bad decision? Any little bit of advice at all would be very much appreciated. It could be an Australian thing, but they don't want to go full electric, so wondering about PHEV over mild hybrid or just straight petrol.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,272 ✭✭✭...Ghost...

I recommend starting a new thread on this. If you can provide details about their use case (commutes, kids etc) we might be able to give a better opinion. Is it just petrol, or MEV/PHEV, or is full EV a consideration?

Stay Free

• Registered Users Posts: 13,046 ✭✭✭✭prawnsambo

There's a thread in the Motors forum about the Peugeot 5008, but has come to be about Peugeots generally. From reading it, I'd not touch any Peugeot tbh. Granted these are diesels, but the litany of problems is worrying.

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 7,795 Mod ✭✭✭✭liamog

Mod Note: Split out to own thread

• Registered Users Posts: 1,344 ✭✭✭Bobson Dugnutt

you can close the thread. They’ve decided against any car that involves being charged. Thanks for the comments and advice.

• Advertisement
Advertisement