Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Teenage Acne

Options
  • 10-04-2024 12:11am
    Registered Users Posts: 85,088 ✭✭✭✭

What would you recommend skin care wise for a 15 year old and also any good vitamin supplements?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,052 ✭✭✭evolvingtipperary101

Use a gentle, non-comedogenic cleanser that won't strip the skin of its natural oils, in the morning and evening.

Choose a lightweight, oil-free moisturizer to keep the skin hydrated. Apply it after cleansing, even if you have oily skin, as hydration is key for all skin types.

Products containing salicylic acid or benzoyl peroxide can be beneficial. Start with a low concentration to see how the skin reacts and use it every other day to avoid irritation.

Once or twice a week, a gentle exfoliator can help remove dead skin cells and promote a clearer, smoother complexion. Avoid harsh scrubs.

Maintaining a balanced diet and staying hydrated can also benefit the skin. Encourage consumption of fruits, vegetables, and plenty of water.

As for vitamins, it's best to get nutrients from a balanced diet.

But fish oil supplements, beneficial for inflammation, can include skin inflammation like acne.

Antioxidants that can support skin health by fighting free radicals and supporting collagen production with Vitamin C and E.

Before starting any vitamin supplement, especially for a teenager, it's important to consult with a healthcare provider to assess the need and appropriate dosage based on individual health and dietary intake.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,264 ✭✭✭Tork

How bad is the 15 year old's skin? Sometimes the point comes where no supplements, over the counter treatments or a good diet will help much.

• Registered Users Posts: 85,088 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

She gets flare ups, period time, hormones etc.,

I heard about La Roche Effeclear I think the name but is that suitable for teenage skin?

She hates doctors, going to them and feels insecure and avoids going out at times

It's my niece and I want to help her

Advertisement