Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Eir Mobile Issue

Options
  • 09-04-2024 4:19pm
    Registered Users Posts: 6

Looking for a bit of advice on the below, and I should have known beforehand that Eir customer service is dreadful.

Basically they had a promo, buy a particular phone on billpay, get a free scooter. I was in the market for a scooter anyway and as I had a shopping centre voucher to spend thought I may as well a new phone out of the situation. I was told in store it'd take 2 to 3 working days for the scooter to be delivered in store, that it was guaranteed. I eventually claimed it when the site went live and it became 14 working days. Checked the claim site myself a few days later which then said minimum the end of May for things to be processed, if at all.

I was told (incorrectly) when I bought the phone I had 14 days cooling period, I asked as I was a bit unsure if I really wanted to change to Eir (obviously if I'd avail of the cooling off period, no scooter). After a bit of back and forth, bit of wasting time the online support (one or two who are very rude) told me if the store will leave a note stating I was told this, the online team could cancel everything and I'd return the phone. When I discussed things with the store manager, she basically called me a liar, got quite rude and refused to deal with me. Online team now pawning me off with about a 3 business day wait to speak to a manager there.

I also requested to be removed from all marketing communications etc when I signed up, the sales person put me down as a "yes" to receive surveys etc I have now noticed on my contract, but have received 9 surveys in a week, despite having opted out several times. I've also been told they cannot be disabled.

I'm assuming I'm basically locked in now for 2 years with a company who have frustrated me no end, used a promo to sign up a customer that they'll reneg on, and who have disgraceful customer service or would there be another avenue I could go down?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 187 ✭✭grinder23

Seems you bought from a poorly trained sales agent in store

If it's the Xiamoi promo the scooter is claimed directly from them and is their promo not Eirs

The 14 day cooling off period would apply to online and tele sales but not in store andthe phone would have to be unused but you would get a network quarantee for coverage that would apply if the coverage was an issue

Advertisement