Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Cost of new oil boiler

Options
  • 09-04-2024 9:14am
    Registered Users Posts: 32

Do anyone know the average cost to get a new oil boiler installed?

Tagged:

Answers

• Registered Users Posts: 3,950 ✭✭✭jimf

too little info

but very approx 3500

• Registered Users Posts: 3,462 ✭✭✭Masala

would it cheaper just to install Electric Heaters on a Timer / App basis….. no more oil/radiators / leaks etc.

Just thinking out loud??

• Registered Users Posts: 1,354 ✭✭✭Lenar3556

If you are talking about wall hung electric radiators, they aren’t cheap. The running cost would also be close to double that of oil.

• Registered Users Posts: 19 lulu34

I just asked the same question on a different post.
    I just bought a 2 bed terraced house 80square meters 

It already has storage heaters that were put in in the late 80s. It needs a new kitchen and bathroom so budget is tight. Should I just replace all storage heater s with electric ones(atc or farho) 

Or how much would an oil boiler and rads cost ??

• Registered Users Posts: 32 igy

Thanks,,it's to replace existing oil boiler which is badly rusted.i am getting quotes of 5k up to 6k.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 32 igy

Thanks,,it's to replace existing oil boiler which is badly rusted.i am getting quotes of 5k up to 6k

• Registered Users Posts: 1,354 ✭✭✭Lenar3556

I would probably keep the storage heating in that scenario. The storage heaters charge up on the night electricity rate which is half the day rate.

The ATC or Farho aren’t storage heaters so these will operate on the full day rate. They would offer a benefit over storage heaters in terms of better control , as they have built in thermostats and can respond to heat requirements ‘live’ rather than the more average effect of storage heaters. However would these benefits offset the fact that the electricity unit rate will be double that of storage? Usually not, unless the house is regularly unoccupied and only requires heat for short periods of the day.

Oil would still probably be the cheapest running cost of all, but to install radiators, pipework, tank etc. from scratch would amount to significant upfront costs. Easily €10k - €15k.

Advertisement