Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Divorce solicitor useless, how can one change

Options
  • 08-04-2024 11:45pm
    Registered Users Posts: 88 ✭✭

Hi, my brother started divorce proceedings March 2022, fairly amicable, both parties agreed. Some back and forth over the first few months, I posted here. However a total stagnation the past 8 months. Each solicitor seems to take 8 weeks to reply to each other, Terms of Settlement not signed yet. Met two people over Easter who started proceedings same time as my brother, one very acrimonious, both have are fully done and dusted. Can he move to a different solicitor and if so what are his financial obligations. As far as I can see his solicitor has done very little. I contacted the Law Society to see if he had grounds for complaint, a massive ream of paperwork to be done before a complaint is even accepted. Any input appreciated

Answers

• Registered Users Posts: 26,056 ✭✭✭✭Peregrinus

Yes, he can change solicitors. He'll have to pay his current solicitor for the work he has done to date.

Advertisement