Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Leak detection system

Options
  • 08-04-2024 10:59pm
    Registered Users Posts: 267 ✭✭

has anyone here had to put in a leak detection system under a tank, it’s a condition that the council here just seem to add on to the planning permission. If anyone has any photos or description of what they did it’d be much appreciated. I was thinking of just running the pipes into a manhole, is this what is normally done?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 23,266 ✭✭✭✭mickdw

It's a epa requirement I believe.

It should consist I believe of a membrane at base then drainage stone with perforated collection pipework within that layer running to Inspection/sampling manholes. Drainage layer located under tank.

• Registered Users Posts: 267 ✭✭lmk123

it’s recommended under all tanks but only compulsory for pig, poultry and vulnerable groundwater areas, none of these apply to me but our wonderful council now throw in this condition for most applications, fair play to them, another few thousand down the drain for nothing. I’ll give a look on the EPA site, I can’t find photos/ examples anywhere, thanks.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,266 ✭✭✭✭mickdw

Google T_P_Guidance2013 for the epa doc. Very basic info.

Advertisement