Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What family friendly part time job/career?

Options
  • 08-04-2024 2:23pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2

Hi all,

Looking for some insights for the best part-time positions/careers with part-time options in Ireland. I have two small children and want to spend more time with them for the foreseeable future (my partner is already working part-time hours as a health care assistant and we would split childcare, i.e. working 3 days each a week + one day private child support).

I find it really hard to make up my mind what to do as a long term part-time position that allows me to bring in some money while also challenging myself a bit. I am currently working in policy in a large multi national company (studied business and politics) and part-time work is literally unheard of. There appears to be only a few career paths that allow for part-time work at all, I.e. civil service, healthcare, gastronomy, taxi drivers etc.

Does anyone have any experience or insights what part time career paths allow for meaningful/interesting work without having yo go back to college for 4 years? What worked for you?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 12,365 ✭✭✭✭mariaalice

Self-employed in mediation, policy, research, or part-time lecturing.

Advertisement