Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Applying for Irish Visa while in Ireland

Options
  • 08-04-2024 7:25am
    Registered Users Posts: 1

Hi everyone, I am Irish myself, posting this on behalf of my partner who is from New Zealand. We have been living back here since last May and we are looking to stay here longer. Currently she has a Stamp 1 visa (working holiday) but they stamped her card with Stamp 4 by mistake! She got her Irish visa through the Irish Embassy in New Zealand before we arrived and they told us that the best thing to do is go for the working holiday stamp 1 visa and when it is up for renewal apply for a visa that would suit your circumstances. The dilemma that we are currently in is that it is impossible for her to renew or apply for a new visa without having to leave the country and even then it is uncertain if she would get it! She has critical skills and is employed here, paying her own way and contributing to tax etc. the Irish embassy did not inform us that this would be the case. Is there any way that she can apply for a new visa for her critical work skills? Or renew the visa she already has without having to leave the country?

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.

Advertisement