Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

4 Young kids ferry trip to UK holiday park

Options
  • 07-04-2024 8:50pm
    Registered Users Posts: 96 ✭✭

We're a family of 6, 4 kids aged between 2 and 7. Looking at taking them on a ferry to a holiday park in the UK, the likes of Haven, etc. Any suggestions on what might be suitable maybe not too far to travel from the port? Okay doing a couple of hours driving.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 14,289 ✭✭✭✭elperello

This one is handy for Holyhead.

https://www.haven.com/parks/north-wales/presthaven?utm_source=google&utm_medium=organic&utm_campaign=gmb

I never stayed there but know people who returned a few times and really enjoyed it.

It might be worth booking a cabin on the ferry with young kids.

• Registered Users Posts: 821 ✭✭✭mondeoman72

Unsure if you are aware, but the ferry companies do or at least did, do deals with travel and park included. Maybe have a look. May suit and save you a few quid.

• Registered Users Posts: 155 ✭✭Danny healy ray

iv heard a good report from that place in wales

• Registered Users Posts: 96 ✭✭krazymuthafuka

I was trying to find these but not sure if they're offered anymore

• Registered Users Posts: 408 ✭✭muloc

Stayed Golden Sands in Rhyl. Nice site but found Rhyl and Prestatyn very run down.

Also stayed Greenacres in Porthmadog which was very nice

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 23 Jamessmith0901

you might want to check out holiday parks like Parkdean Resorts or Butlins. They offer a variety of activities and entertainment tailored for families with young children. Look for parks within a couple of hours' drive from the ferry port to keep travel time manageable. Also, think about amenities like swimming pools, playgrounds, and kids' clubs to keep the little ones entertained.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,249 ✭✭✭McSween

we went to Presthaven in late july 2022, after school holidays had started. We wont return. Tattoos on faces is the best way i can describe it (i have some but not on my face). Do it before Uk school holidays and it will probably be good. Staff are excellent

• Registered Users Posts: 2,377 ✭✭✭Sono

heading to Havan y mor in June for 10 days with 4 kids 6 and 5, did a fair bit of research and looks good to me. Less than an hour from the ferry defo a big plus.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,103 ✭✭✭Kalimah

We did that a few times with the kids in the late 90s. Great time had by all. Lots of good stuff to see in North Wales.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,377 ✭✭✭Sono

yeah I had many holidays in wales growing up and loved it, this is an easy holiday for us with no airport and something different so will give it a go and see if the kids enjoy it, hope they do!

• Registered Users Posts: 96 ✭✭krazymuthafuka

• Registered Users Posts: 162 ✭✭poppy37

We did this every year when our now adult children were small. We stayed in Presthaven and Aberystwyth, both not recommended. The only good thing about Presthaven was all the rabbits at the site entrance. Kiln Park was our kids favourite, we stayed there three times and another one we enjoyed was Trecco Bay in Porthcawl but that’s a long way from Fishguard. Being from the southwest Rosslare to Fishguard was our regular route.

They are great holidays but try and go before mid July as kids in the Uk aren’t on summer holidays yet. In general the English converge to North Wales more than South Wales. As our kids got older and were more able for longer drives we moved down to Cornwall which we loved.

Havan y mor was recommended to us at the time but as our two loved Kiln Park and the Tenby area we stuck with what we knew.

• Registered Users Posts: 275 ✭✭ULEZ23

This place is a good option, very similar to centre parks so a massive step up in quality / facilities (nice lodges, walks, town centre, pool etc) from the likes of haven but unfortunately same price band as centre parks so once you add in €500 ferry ticket its not cheap.

it’s just off the boat (roslare route) and a few nice towns nearby (Tenby, and even Cardiff is only 90mins away).

https://www.bluestonewales.com

• Registered Users Posts: 4,348 ✭✭✭beggars_bush

I'd spend more and go to France if possible.

kids love the overnight on ferry

Advertisement