Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Husqvarna 435 Chain oiling issue

Options
  • 07-04-2024 5:25pm
    Registered Users Posts: 84 ✭✭

Hi

I have the above saw and recently have started having an issue with oil not getting to the chain, disassembled the worm gear and oiler and it seems fine, cleaned all up and put back together. I have oil to the oil hole at the top of the bar but when I put the bar on it doesn't seem to get to the groove or drive links.

How much oil should I be getting out with the bar on, its definitely coming out but not sure its enough, have seen a few solutions where a new bar etc was required but I swapped in a relatively new bar and still the same.

Is cleaning the filter in the oil tank a PIA?

Any suggestions welcomed

Thanks

Will

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,414 ✭✭✭148multi

Clean grove chain runs in an turn bar.

Saw at half revs with tip of bar an inch away from dry timber, with bark off is best.

Should dampen timber

• Registered Users Posts: 1,401 ✭✭✭hopeso

I'm assuming the filter in the tank is attached to the end of a small rubber pipe….If so, just fish it out through the opening with a small wire hook, then remove it from the pipe. You can try cleaning it, or replace it altogether.

• Registered Users Posts: 84 ✭✭will3001

Thanks for the posts, so no the saw is not getting any oil and the bar, groves, holes etc are all clean, it gets to the bar but just not onto it for some reason, might be reduced flow or some such. Haven't delved into the tank yet but will be doing that in the next day or two.

Local guy who services saws told me that you should use only motor oil on smaller saws, (not used stuff) as the proper oil has and adhesive that the smaller pump systems eventually clog. !…Gonna try rinsing the tank with some petrol and see if it clears it.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,414 ✭✭✭148multi

The proper chain oil is clingy and sticky, it helps to pull it around the bar.

Times when flushing, I would fill a syringe full of petrol and press into the oil port, flushing back into the tank.

• Registered Users Posts: 84 ✭✭will3001

I've washed out the oil tank with some petrol and cleaned everything I could reach, need to run it for a bit later. The oil I was using was Sthil chain oil, there should be no issue. I refilled with some motor oil to see if a difference

• Advertisement
Advertisement