Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Signatures

Options
  • 07-04-2024 12:07am
    Registered Users Posts: 40,871 ✭✭✭✭

Is there a way to report signatures?

It was so much easier to blame it on Them. It was bleakly depressing to think that They were Us. If it was Them, then nothing was anyone's fault. If it was us, what did that make Me? After all, I'm one of Us. I must be. I've certainly never thought of myself as one of Them. No one ever thinks of themselves as one of Them. We're always one of Us. It's Them that do the bad things.

Terry Pratchet

Comments

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 22,406 CMod ✭✭✭✭Ten of Swords

You can report any post made by a particular user and just clarify that your issue is with their signature instead of the post itself

• Registered Users Posts: 297 ✭✭ULEZ23

this is a good question.

Doesn’t seem right that a signature should be reported via a sub forum moderator. What incentive / power have they to review when their role is to keep a sub forum running smoothly?

Is there a set of rules they and users can follow.

for example I feel user @Penfailed has a very annoying signature, nearly 200 words boasting about a part of their life that nobody cares about, it takes up a huge amount of space on a page but guess they are not breaking a rule and we all have to live with it?

Can i do something similarly selfish and list off all the books that I have read? Can another poster list off all their old cars? Where do we draw the line.

• Boards.ie Employee Posts: 973 ✭✭✭✭✭Boards.ie: Mike

All signatures should not exceed the following size limits:Text: Including horizontal spaces - 4 lines normal size (font size 2) OR 8 lines small size (font size 1). Font sizes above 2 are not allowed. Do not use the tags. Carriage returns/new lines are a separate line, so if your sig has three lines of text separated by two spacer lines - that's 5 lines.

Any sigs containing, or linking to, profanity, bigotry, racism, malware, or any other content that might be considered offensive by others will be removed and the member may be infacted or banned.

Note: for new members, you will not be able to create a signature until you have 50 posts. Please don't spam to hit this target, it'll just result in your posts being deleted.

Please also make sure that your signature DOES NOT contain any nuisance links.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,499 ✭✭✭Penfailed

Fair enough. I mostly post in the music section so my signature is relevant there, however I can see how it would be annoying elsewhere. I started it a few years back and added to it as time went on. I've taken a couple of earlier years off so hopefully it meets the rules now.

Gigs '24 - Ben Ottewell and Ian Ball (Gomez), The Jesus & Mary Chain, The Smashing Pumpkins/Weezer, Pearl Jam, Green Day, Stendhal Festival, Forest Fest, Electric Picnic, Ride, PJ Harvey, Pixies, Public Service Broadcasting, Therapy?, IDLES(x2)

• Boards.ie Employee Posts: 973 ✭✭✭✭✭Boards.ie: Mike

Appreciate that you mostly post in specific forum and threads. It's really just a case of fairness across the board where this is spotted and can be implemented.

Thanks all.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,926 ✭✭✭Gregor Samsa

POSTERS WITH RIDICULOUS SIGNATURES HATE THIS ONE TRICK…

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.

Advertisement