Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Kombucha, thoughts and tips?

Options
  • 06-04-2024 10:20pm
    Registered Users Posts: 16,481 ✭✭✭✭

I've pondered where to post this particular question and have decided that as it's an extension of tea, I suppose🤔 that here may be the best place to ask.

The growing consensus around the benefit of fermented food and drinks has finally sucked me into it's orbit. I'm diabetic and as I hit middle aged, my insulin requirement is climbing and no matter what I do? I only ever slow it, rather than abate it.

To that end I keep a weather eye on research and publications. A few months ago a study out of Georgetown university pointed to Kombucha having a likely benefit in glycemic control.

I'm game to give this a try and I have the added benefit of being on a CGM so any benefits will quickly become apparent.

Anyway, what brings me here is, a hope that a kombucha home brewer or 2 might have some tips on what to try, buy, do to ensure I make a decent kombucha?

Any info at all will be much appreciated.

Comments

Advertisement