Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Upgrade need help

Options
  • 06-04-2024 10:07pm
    Registered Users Posts: 10

Hi, I have an old gaming PC that I'd like to modernise. I'm not very well versed in knowing about graphics cards and the like.

I'm not looking for ultra high spec, just something that will allow for playing modern AAA games with reasonable performance, 60fps at medium settings etc.

I'd like to plug it into a 4K HDR TV rather than a monitor so it would effectively be a Steam Console to me. I know resolution might be a bottle neck for this project, so looking for advice.

My hope is to buy more RAM, a better GPU and if I have to get a new CPU I will. Though the less parts I need to add, the better but I'd replace all three if I needed to. I could spread it out over time maybe to increase the overall budget.

My current PC has the following parts.

Motherboard: MSI B450 Gaming Pro Carbon AC ATX Mainboard

CPU: AMD Ryzen 7 2700 processor 3.2 GHz Box 16 MB L3

GPU: MSI Radeon RX 590 Armor OC

Memory: Corsair CMK16GX4M2B3000C15 16GB DDR4 3000MHz memory module

I have both a m.2 drive and a HDD. Western Digital SN500 internal solid state drive M.2 500 GB PCI Express 3.0 NVMe

PSU: Corsair TX550M 550W ATX Black power supply unit

1. What is your budget? €600ish Could spread to bigger budget if I buy parts separately over time.

2. What will be the main purpose of the computer? Gaming. Something that could run, say, Cyberpunk with decent performance.

3. Do you need a copy of Windows? [No]

4. Can you use any parts from an old computer? See above.

5. Do you need a monitor? [No]

5b. Plugging into 4K HDR TV

6. Do you need any of these peripherals? No.

7. Are you willing to try overclocking? I'm not really sure what that is. I know it's CPU related.

8. How can you pay? Credit/Debit Card

9. When are you purchasing? Over the next couple of months.

10. If you need help building it, where are you based? I don't need help.

Comments

Advertisement