Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Jobseekers Holiday Late Notice

Options
  • 06-04-2024 7:25pm
    Registered Users Posts: 288 ✭✭

Hi, I'm wondering if anybody has any idea if I submit a holiday request online with only 2 days notice ( 10 days is usually the requirement) is this likely to be approved? Essentially I'll miss my collection on the 10th and I won't be back until late on the 16th.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 26,924 ✭✭✭✭Dempo1

I wasn't aware there was a specified notice period, just a requirement to inform them, the 10 days is what holidays a Jobseeker is entitled to in a calendar year. It's not about seeking approval, more about informing the Dept

Is maith an scáthán súil charad.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,862 ✭✭✭gipi

You are required to give 2 weeks notice for holidays.

https://www.gov.ie/en/publication/94ecaa-holidays-and-social-welfare-payments/

• Registered Users Posts: 2,864 ✭✭✭cute geoge

The 2 week notice period is to allow a stop to your payment while you are on holidays if your payments run to the post office and are not collected this automatically means your next payment should be suspended .when you come back from holidays you will need to show proof the days you were on holidays so payment suspension can be lifted

Advertisement