Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Planning for Airbnb cabin in garden

Options
  • 06-04-2024 6:53pm
    Registered Users Posts: 101 ✭✭

I live in Wicklow Town and I have a long back garden and I would like to build 1 or 2 cabins/huts for short term lets. One of my neighbours just got approved to build a bungalow at the bottom of their garden. What is the likelihood the council would grant me permission to build a holiday home or cabin or shepard's hut etc?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 871 ✭✭✭bemak

Go for a pre-planning and see what their feeling is on it. The application itself is free, you just need an OS Map as part of the application which costs about 80-120e depending on the format you buy the map in (PDF or DWG). It's a very little outlay though before you commit much more to it

• Registered Users Posts: 101 ✭✭T0MMY

• Registered Users Posts: 19,613 ✭✭✭✭Muahahaha

You could try but I know Wicklow CC have denied planning permission for Airbnb short term lets in the past. I remember last year there was a woman who had an equestrian center in the south of the county and build 4 or 5 Airbnb units without permission and they refused her retention permission too. Not sure where its at now but she might have to pull them down if permission isnt granted. Others who were running Airbnbs applied for permission and got refused. You can see all the files and decisions relating to short term lets on eplanning.ie

Advertisement