Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Donabate?

Options
  • 06-04-2024 6:45pm
    Registered Users Posts: 50 ✭✭

Hi folks,

Considering a move to Donabate in the near future and was wondering does anyone have an experience of cycling out that way?

I keep reading about upcoming greenways which would be great but I'd imagine a while off yet. Seems to be essentially one road in/out of Donabate and doesn't look to be overly cyclist friendly.

Ideally want to live somewhere with easy access to safe routes. Living in Drumcondra at the minute and use the Clontarf to Howth off road cycle lane so probably spoiled as is!

Thanks in advance

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,659 ✭✭✭2011abc

Not an expert by any means but as a soft Southsider I think back in the day those roads were heavy as hell .

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 19,849 Mod ✭✭✭✭Weepsie

Hearse road is one of 2 roads into donabates. It's a **** show dimply due to arsehole drivers. You can avoid parts of it though, and even more when they have the Greenway.

• Registered Users Posts: 24,956 ✭✭✭✭Wishbone Ash

There are 2 roads into/out of Donabate.

The busiest route would be the Hearse Road (R126) off the dual carriageway. Not particularly pleasant to cycle on.

The alternative is Turvey Avenue which is further north off the R132. It's pretty straight, not as busy as the Hearse Road and the route most cyclists going to and from Donabate use.

(Both roads come together at the rail bridge just before entering the village.)

Advertisement