Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

I need to kit out the house - start recommending!

Options
  • 06-04-2024 6:15pm
    Registered Users Posts: 5,368 ✭✭✭

I'm on the look out for a suite of new gear for the house. I need

• induction hob/cooker (thinking Rangemaster)
    • extractor fan
    • integrated fridge
    • integrated dishwasher
    • washing machine
    • dryer
    • free standing fridge freezer

Anyone care to go recommending for me?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,407 ✭✭✭monkeybutter

Deffo get a toaster, I wouldn't be without one

• Registered Users Posts: 28,814 ✭✭✭✭HeidiHeidi

I'd be going to some big retailer who sells all of those things and getting a deal.

Don't buy the cheapest, start with the second cheapest at a minumum.

I've a Zanussi washing machine, the same one my sister with a big family had for years and years that was very heavily used, they seem to be bulletproof. I had a Whirlpool before that that was 20 years old before it finally called time.

I also have a Zanussi slimline integrated dishwasher for about 15 years, it's not heavily used but it's never given a minute's trouble.

I have a Whirlpool integrated fridge freezer for 15 years, and it's still going strong.

I think if you don't go bargain basement, most of the big brands will serve you well unless you're unlucky (my first dishwasher leaked like a sieve and it took me the guts of a year to get Power City to replace it. The next one was perfect)

Advertisement