Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Do you wear aftershave?

Options
  • 06-04-2024 3:03pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,468 ✭✭✭

Heard somewhere that Old Spice is making a comeback and was wondering if many blokes use aftershave often these don't. I used to the odd time back in my late 20s early 30s. Not since then. (I'm mid 40s now)

Do you wear aftershave? 129 votes

Every day
    42%
    CyrusStrummsbogmanfanironictoastermacrubiconbanie01writhenTherapyBoyBrianJDRonanc1mailforkevpaulgalwayRelikknullzeroKingFlingbazza1dmc17NorderburseGlebeeJohn_Rambo 55 votes
    Going out on weekends
    17%
    jonesJupiterKidBowWowtimbelRosahanecr-07mckildareSCOOP 64SVI40housetypebFeisardonegal_manLeGrandeRecifmrcheezTinCanMandavidk1394NeamesHBC08TheShepardAlonzo Mosley 23 votes
    Only on special occasions I.e date night/xmas etc
    20%
    VictorBasqbassyGreyfoxjohnnykiloextra-ordinary_FloppybitsSchnooksDr. Greenthumbjt69erdanwhite88richboTech_Headjmreirewhomitconcernssnipermanwhatawaster81Padre101Tom Mann CenturiaFann Linn 27 votes
    Never.
    18%
    SteMTrampasvictor8600charlesantoOinkSephiroth_dudepeter4918johndoe99play4fun1MerlinSouthDubalfa_aficionadopurplepandaHorseSeaTimfyheavydemoncnocTaxburden carrierColliewolliejackboyAllForIt 24 votes

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 30,194 ✭✭✭✭freshpopcorn

Every day

I'd wear it most days.

Wouldn't bother if I wasn't leaving the house and might forget the odd time.

I rarely go anywhere exciting.

It can range from a store brand to a more expensive brand.

• Registered Users Posts: 291 ✭✭drury..

Aftershave is old-school 70s

Going about the place smelling like a laundromat

• Registered Users Posts: 1,344 ✭✭✭Bobson Dugnutt

Every day

Yes, every day.
    Creed Aventus or Dior Sauvage.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,367 ✭✭✭StevenToast

Never.

When i was a young lad 20 years ago, i would dab a bit of hugo boss on when i was looking for hole....

It didnt work...

"Don't piss down my back and tell me it's raining." - Fletcher

• Registered Users Posts: 16,481 ✭✭✭✭banie01

Every day

I have quite a few, I'm fond of an oud or 2 aswell as issey miyake and egoisté.

I don't wear 1 everyday, but certainly more often than not.

**Edit** Also in my mid 40's.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,514 ✭✭✭John_Rambo

Every day

Applied conservatively. Less is more when it comes to good scent. Usually Carolina Herrera - Chic or Valentino - Born in Roma uomo. Like Banie01 not every single day but more often than not.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,574 ✭✭✭Eoinbmw

Every day

do you mean cologne or actual splashed on the face aftershave?

I wear Cologne every day always but not actual aftershave applied to my neck after shaving!

• Registered Users Posts: 86 ✭✭rowantree18

As a woman here: personally find any/all aftershave or cologne a bit of a turn off. Nothing is as sexy as Eau de Man. (Clean, hopefully, little bit of fresh sweat is OK). Doused in awful deodorants like Axa etc are particularly awful.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,394 ✭✭✭RocketRaccoon

Creed Aventus every day for me

• Registered Users Posts: 98 ✭✭Duke of Schomberg

Every day

You should smell my Brut humming . . .

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 12,585 Mod ✭✭✭✭JupiterKid

Going out on weekends

I'd put on a few sprays of eau de toilette Davidoff Cool Water (my OH, a man also, loves the smell) or Dior Fahrenheit when dressing up and going out for dinner or to meet friends in town etc but not every day.

Reeking of cheap cologne is awful!

• Registered Users Posts: 12,365 ✭✭✭✭mariaalice

Men might be missing a trick, there is a moisturise that smells of coconut and chocolate It is called Palmer's coco butter, it makes you smell like a bounty bar.

Smelling like a bounty would be a great aftershave.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,366 ✭✭✭✭Leg End Reject

• Registered Users Posts: 24,815 ✭✭✭✭Strumms

Every day

I have off the top of my head about 7 aftershaves.

Pretty much wear some everyday.

Paco Rabanne XS

Paco Rabanne Invictus

Paco Rabanne Pure XS ( bit meh on this one )

Issey Miyake Pour Homme

Bvalgari Black

Bvalgari Pour Homme

Armani Acqua Di Gio 

Actually that was a good guess exactly 7. 😅

• Registered Users Posts: 12,365 ✭✭✭✭mariaalice

• Registered Users Posts: 19,676 ✭✭✭✭Cyrus

Every day

every day, have a drawer full of pats after shave splits!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,574 ✭✭✭nachouser

I used to use the turkish barber stuff, limon kolonya. I'll have to track some down again. Lovely smell off it.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,061 ✭✭✭pauliebdub

Every day

Yes everyday. I've lots of cheap stuff from zara that I like as well as more expensive stuff like Chanel and Paco Rabanne.

• Registered Users Posts: 24,815 ✭✭✭✭Strumms

Every day

that’s only if you buy Eau du Electrolux

• Registered Users Posts: 9,514 ✭✭✭John_Rambo

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,230 ✭✭✭munster87

Every day

I always have a decent aftershave in the door pocket(?) of my car, became a habit a few years ago…never know when you need to smell good! 😅

• Registered Users Posts: 19,966 ✭✭✭✭El_Duderino 09

I think the way scents are marketed at men and women is fundamentally wrong. Ones that they sell in hand grenades and gold bars are nasty. The spices aimed at men are usually pretty gross. They usually remind me of teenagers.

If i use a scent on a special occasion i use a squirt or two of Jo Malone. My Mrs got a sample set of five and two of them are great on me. Since then I just go for nice smells instead of paying attention to who they're marketed at.

Maybe it's just me but I prefer the ones that smell like actual things like pomegranate or neroli, rather than concepts like 'aspiration'

• Registered Users Posts: 1,288 ✭✭✭extra-ordinary_

Only on special occasions I.e date night/xmas etc

I wear it the odd time for a date or something special.

I don't shave everyday so would never of think of using aftershave everyday leading to, do men with beards honestly wear aftershave?

• Registered Users Posts: 811 ✭✭✭ruth...less

Guy in my old job and another lad use to have a joke....there was another guy who worked there temporarily and he stopped guyA and said 'ohhhh are you wearing Versace?' And he was like 'eh no' and doesn't sound funny but we just had this joke for a while where we'd ask him if he was wearing Versace all the time😁🙃😂😅

I was a television version of a person with a broken heart...

• Registered Users Posts: 16,366 ✭✭✭✭Leg End Reject

Yes, but I'd still rather a man didn't smell like it.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,800 ✭✭✭Relikk

Every day

Not aftershave, as such. More like perfumes/scents, but pretty much every day. I'm partial to Tom Ford's Oud Wood, Valentino Uomo Intense (iris is such a beautiful scent), Baccarat Rouge 540, Angel's Share by Kilian, Parfums de Marly Layton and Yves Saint Laurent's Tuxedo and Babycat. I'll alternate between all of those during the winter, then when the brighter and warmer weather comes in I'll alternate between Tom Ford's Neroli Portofino, Bleu de Chanel, Creed's Aventus and Dior's Sauvage Elixir.

• Registered Users Posts: 159 ✭✭Northernsoul

yes, and i must stop buying new ones as i think i will probably be dead before i’ve used current stock!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,456 ✭✭✭Badly Drunk Boy

The person might have meant Axe, which is the name for Lynx in some markets.

• Registered Users, Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators Posts: 2,177 Mod ✭✭✭✭Nigel Fairservice

I love Suavecito Whiskey Bar, Dior Sauvage and Hugo Boss Man. I'd wear them a lot of the time. I have a few barbershop Clubman aftershaves as well that I'd use straight after shaving. L

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 171 ✭✭play4fun1

Never.

had never, don't like the smells

edit - I'm in early 40s

Advertisement