Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Replace dishwasher with washing machine

Options
  • 06-04-2024 11:23am
    Registered Users Posts: 103 ✭✭

Looking at a new build at the moment and there is a connection for a dishwasher in the kitchen.

I'd like to fit a washing machine in the space build for the dishwasher.

Providing the WM will fit in the gap - dimensions wise - is this swap possible? Would the standard connections for water in and waste water set up for the dishwasher be of an adequate size for the washing machines - any issue with water pressure?

If changes needed by a plumber how complex/costly would these be?

Thanks in advance!

Comments

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators Posts: 6,213 Mod ✭✭✭✭Wearb

Should be no problem. Just refer to manual for waste connection type and height.

Please follow site and charter rules. "Resistance is futile"

• Registered Users Posts: 7,836 ✭✭✭Rows Grower

Should be a straight forward swap, they are generally the same height width and depth and you have all the plumbing connections needed.

"Very soon we are going to Mars. You wouldn't have been going to Mars if my opponent won, that I can tell you. You wouldn't even be thinking about it."

Donald Trump, March 13th 2018.

• Registered Users Posts: 10 jacobss

Hey there! So, swapping the dishwasher space for a washing machine sounds doable if the dimensions fit. Water connections should be fine, but check hose length and if it needs extensions. Water pressure shouldn't be an issue. If plumbing adjustments are needed, it might be simple, but get a plumber's opinion. Also, the Samsung WF45M5100A check out this manual, so it could be a great choice for your new setup! Check it out for more info!

Post edited by jacobss on

Advertisement