Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

New starter not up to scratch

Options
  • 05-04-2024 7:51pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3,967 ✭✭✭

Delete please

Post edited by lukin on

Comments

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators Posts: 10,002 Mod ✭✭✭✭Jim2007

Well for your sake lets just home none of them happen upon your post…. ask for it to be deleted would be my advice.

• Moderators, Politics Moderators Posts: 38,896 Mod ✭✭✭✭Seth Brundle

I'd say talk to your manager and outline the issues you've described. If the new hire is jot being of any help then they're a hindrance. Presumably his trial period is still running so you've room to let them go (legally I think that no reason is needed in the first six months).

Similar-ish story: I had hired someone similar (one-of two foreign IT contractors hired to take some of my workload) who was taking too much of my time and I made the call to not renew his contract at the end of Feb. First time that I've had to tell someone bad news like that and to be honest I felt OK about it afterwards because I knew that I couldn't keep having to support his delays, errors, etc

I kept the second contractor who is brilliant and hired a replacement who already has done more for me in one month that he did in six. Don't feel bad for saying it as it is!

Advertisement