Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

New wedge bounce

Options
  • 05-04-2024 7:32pm
    Registered Users Posts: 4

I'm currently looking at new wedges and have a question about the bounce, I have a 56 and 60 wedge,with high bounce on the 56 and low bounce on the 60.

I always favour the 56 and use it 95% of the time for chipping around the green.

My question is do people match there wedges bounce like both 8 degrees bounce or both 14 degrees ,or have I got it arse ways.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,438 ✭✭✭spacecoyote

It's really going to come down to what types of shots you're playing with the different wedges and what kind of state the bunkers on your home course are in?

I would say that it's not uncommon for people to have different bounces on their wedges.

It would make sense that you're favouring the 56 with higher bounce around the greens as that should be more forgiving, whereas the 60 could be more likely to dig into the turf with the low bounce

• Registered Users Posts: 2,693 ✭✭✭dan_ep82

Depends on your course. Higher bounce for softer conditions, lower bounce for firmer courses.

I use my higher bounce 54° in the winter and low bounce 60° in the summer/firm conditions.

• Registered Users Posts: 4 Rosstopher213

Ahh perfect I'll stick with the high and low then to give me different options 👍

Advertisement