Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

need advice how to control temp in childs room

Options
  • 04-04-2024 5:06pm
    Registered Users Posts: 4

Hi All, Our house was built in 2022 with a samsung heat pump + wired remote control attached onto the joule cylinder. Underfloor heating downstairs incl. stats in all rooms but upstairs we have aluminium rads with only 1 thermostat(with a dial) in the master bedroom. all rads have TRVs also.

We recently moved our 15m month old to his own bedroom upstairs (Turns out to be the colder side of the house while the master bedroom being on the warmest side).

At present we cant control the heat in his room and are are getting up at night(not ideal) to turn on/off the room stat to make sure his room temp is ok.

i ve looked and looked for the most easy option but I cant seem to find any info on products that can connect to the WI FI on the joule cylinder. (maybe not possible but surely a simple wireless solution can be added to this modern system with out the need for wiring etc youd think??)

i ve looked at setting a schedule on the samsung wired controller (on the cylinder) also but it does nt give give the option to set it for the upstairs??

Any advice would be greatly appreciated thanks.

I ve came across Sensibo smart controllers with apps which may work for us.(wont let me post the links unfortunatly) any advice on these would be awesome. Thanks Again

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,354 ✭✭✭Lenar3556

Your upstairs is likely piped on one circuit, in which case the only option to divide this further would be the use of programmable TRV’s fitted to each radiator upstairs.

Something like Tado.
    https://www.screwfix.ie/p/tado-white-smart-trv-head-4-pack/793pg

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators Posts: 6,213 Mod ✭✭✭✭Wearb

It's very likely that your heating is low temperature and will have a very slow reaction time. Obviously you don't have separate control over that room.

Perhaps the easiest solution would be a temperature controlled plug in heater. Your rads would keep room comfortable most times, but electric would kick in when temperature fell below the set point. There a loads out there. The most elegant are usually the most expensive.

Please follow site and charter rules. "Resistance is futile"

• Registered Users Posts: 2,718 ✭✭✭niallb

You can also buy a thermostat plug like a smart socket so you can use a heater you might already have that you like.

• Registered Users Posts: 4 suritlbgrand

Thanks for the advice all. Yes upstairs is 1 circuit. I thought this could possibly be divided in the hotpress though where the cylinder is?? i think all the pipes meet on the wall there. id have to get the plumber to do this.

Obviously this would change my options from easy to "NOT so easy" 😅 but i think it may be better to do this as it would be more efficient in the long run.

One more question - If i could do the above would i get away with wireless stats in each room?? (like danfoss 1 THERMOSTAT AND RECIEVER or the HIVE HUBLESS Heating +HW) The seem to be only around 100 to 160euros.

I understand a receiver may need to be wired up for this also. thanks again.

Advertisement