Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Vodafone confusion TV

Options
  • 04-04-2024 4:28pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,458 ✭✭✭

Hello,

Currently am a Vodafone customer SIRO line into home that currently gives Internet and landline, last week I renewed and added TV. So I currently have a grey vodafone box that says internet/phone/mobile/wifi etc. Since then I have been told (via text , in shop and over phone the following)

1. TV box will be psoted out self install.
    2. You are a new TV cutomer, a engineer will call out and install.
    3. Text message today (im assuming vodafone not scam) an enginneer will call out to drill for your new fibre

Rang up vodafone, they said it's either 1 or 2. Can anyone confirm what will happen ? I was told in the shop I can run an ethernet cable from new TV box to existing vodafone router and that was it.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 27 Peehadc

Hi Jogdish,

A brown box will be at you door step and it's a simple plug in, connect to your network (WiFi or ether) & an hour of updates and bam, average non recordable TV will appear. Serious, you can record next to nothing on this device (search VF play on here). Sounds like VF haven't a breeze. In my case I was a new customer/ new build so engineer out and pulled siro fibre and plugged in router etc. From a quality pov, some channels are full HD while film 4 & others looks u480P. Shocking quality. Won't be renewing TV service when due..Atmos lablleing is misleading too. Audio not great and won't output Atmos to soundbar (sonos Arc). Tried a eARC enabled HDMI switch. Chromecast 4k to switch to Sonos= Atmos. VF box=Dolby PCM 2.0. Limited. Product.

Advertisement