Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Ugandan orphanage scam

Options
  • 04-04-2024 2:38pm
    Registered Users Posts: 65 ✭✭

My granny has been following this Ugandan orphanage on social media who started out putting out cute videos of kids dancing and that kind of thing, however they then started having emergencies that required urgent donations every other day, Today she offered to pay a sick childs medical bill directly to the hospital instead of intothe young man oweners account and they blocked her.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,536 ✭✭✭Brussels Sprout

Scammers gonna scam. Not sure this needs its own thread though.

• Registered Users Posts: 65 ✭✭Shan Doras

The thing is, after I looked into the social media history of this particular "orphanage" it was surprising to me to see that a good few people had sent it money because it screams scam to me, but then I discovered a common thread with the people who had sent money, most of them had suffered a bereavement of their own child. I don't know why the social media companies allow such scammers to use their platforms.

Advertisement