Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Replacing Glass in 20 year old uPVC windows

Options
  • 03-04-2024 10:19pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,119 ✭✭✭

Howdy Folks,

Quick question… I have 20 year old PVC windows. I get a lot of condensation on the windows in the morning. Is it possible to swap out the double glaze for better double glaze? Is it cost effective over getting a new window?

Cheers

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 491 ✭✭Shauna677

yes, its the cheaper option, if frames are in good nick, go for it.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,676 ✭✭✭10-10-20

Yes, take the numbers off the inside of the glass unit (they should indicate the thickness of the glass and air-gap) then take the length and width measurements and talk to a glazer and see what options you get.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,119 ✭✭✭tom23

Thanks both! I got the hinges changes a couple of years and they open and close brilliantly. I would try and swap out the handles aswell. Don’t quite have the money to change the whole windows… but the changing the glass might just as good

Thanks both for coming back.

Post edited by tom23 on

Advertisement