Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Are these garage jobs ?

Options
  • 03-04-2024 4:07pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3,388 ✭✭✭

Or could I fix them myself ?

I failed the Nct on a few items.

The dipped headlights need adjusting

The light over the number plate is not working well

and There is water in the back headlight.

It is Toyota Auris .

Thanks

Comments

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 67,722 Mod ✭✭✭✭L1011

Adjusting headlights can be done at home, but you need a flat matte surface to do it on and lots of people find it fiddly

Number plate light is probably just a new bulb, or possibly new bulb and sand down the contacts. If that doesn't work it, you need a garage or an auto-electrician

Water getting in to headlight units - do you want it fixed properly and lastingly, or just enough to get a new NCT? Proper fix is going to be taking it off, drying it out (or replacing it) and ensuring its sealed properly. Bodge is just take it off and empty it out; super-bodge is drill a drain hole (I would recommend absolutely not doing this)

Advertisement