Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

FIbre delays

Options
  • 03-04-2024 7:38am
    Registered Users Posts: 2,575 ✭✭✭

My parent house is in a semi-rural area and is waiting to be connected to fibre. Her phone line is via a pole in her garden, not a duct. We were told we would be able to be connected in August 2022 - October 2022. Then later we were told it would be connected September 2022 - to January 2023. Finally, in December 2022, we were told we could order fibre. So we did it quickly through a provider. But no internet connection was available because when the technician came to our premises to connect, we were told the pole in the garden was not suitable. It holds the phone line but he said it is rotting. He said People would change it. He said it might be ready in ten days or so. Now it is April 24 and despite regular calls, we are still waiting to be connected. NBI said 'Your order is on hold due to EMR Civils Required on 3rd Party network' but they dont know what it will happen. They said I can install a new pole or duct myself but wont provide clear instructions how. My other parent has since died and lack of fibre made being his carer much harder. Anyone have any tips on how to hurry the process? My neighbours had have excellent FTTC or FTTH for decades. I would pay any amount of money to fix this.

Comments

Advertisement