Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

1 to 2 acres of land for solar

Options
  • 02-04-2024 8:54pm
    Registered Users Posts: 60 ✭✭

I've some land that I would like to generate some income from and wondering about using it for ground mounted solar panels to directly sell back to the grid.

So far, I've looked at leasing the land out to solar developers, but it's too small, so that's not a runner. Any solar installers I have asked, have just used their "yeah, I could help, but I'll quote you for solar on your house first" approach. I don't blame them for trying, but it's just annoying at this stage. I'm getting solar installed in the next couple of months, but would love to just get the ball rolling on the solar for the land.

Has anybody put solar on their land for passive income? Obviously, it won't be cheap, so I'd be looking at the most cost effective way (taxes/borrowing) and comparing it to the income potential that could be generated to see if it is even worth while. I know change of use of land and planning permission needs to be looked at, but would love to actually speak to a company/installer/person who has or can do this.

Advertisement