Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

ALL the stupid Zwift questions...

Options
  • 02-04-2024 1:06pm
    Registered Users Posts: 7,877 ✭✭✭

Right folks, I need a bit of help or guidance here.

My wife is looking at getting a smart trainer, and the most likely app to run in conjunction with it is Zwift. I'm considering buying one myself, meaning we could both train together.

I have zero experience of indoor training, so as a result, I have lots of stupid questions.

1. Can we have two profiles on one Zwift account?
    2. If that's possible, can we run both profiles at the same time.
    3. What's the easiest way to display Zwift on TV? I was hoping it could run on a Firestick, but that doesn't seem possible according to Google.
    4. If we were both using Zwift at the same time, is it possible to use the one display for both of us? I've got a projector in the room we're going to set it up in, and it would be nice to have it on the big screen.

I appreciate that some or all of these questions may be nonsensical, but I've really no idea, so any help at all would be great.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 494 ✭✭MangleBadger

I cannot answer any of those questions for you! But there is a zwift subreddit which should be able to point you in the right direction for most of them.

• Registered Users Posts: 227 ✭✭vintcerf

• Registered Users Posts: 7,877 ✭✭✭cletus

@MangleBadger @vintcerf

Thanks both of you for that.

I got my answers from a combination of both sources, and those answers seem to be almost overwhelmingly no...

Casting to a TV is the only sort of outstanding question, if anyone has any experience.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,640 ✭✭✭✭dahat

The easiest way to use Zwift on a TV is via Apple TV in conjunction with the Companion app for various in game functionality.

Each user needs a separate account & device to use the game at the same time.

• Registered Users Posts: 254 ✭✭this.lad

Alternatively if you have a windows machine you can cast using a maracas dongle of your TV doesn't have it built in.

Most Android phones have miracast too, and zwift can run well on the better ones.

Some projectors will take 2 inputs and display as split screen so if your laptop has a hdmi out it might be possible. In this case the phone can be handy with zwift companion.

• Advertisement

Ok, back with more stupid questions.

My wife opted for the Van Rysel D900 smart trainer. It's set up now, and she has a 14 day free trial for Zwift.

She asked me if it was possible to not use a training app at all, but instead connect her Garmin 130 to the trainer, have it record power etc. and save it as a ride on the Connect app while she watches TV.

I can't find any real info online about this, other than it's possible with some of the Wahoo trainers.

Any help etc.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,120 ✭✭✭nilhg

https://support.garmin.com/en-IE/?faq=oUxSS9Ip2F3up9Jlum9OO8

That's for a 130 plus, you'd need to setup a workout in garmin connect for the headunit to send to the trainer.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,120 ✭✭✭nilhg

Other than that she could run something like my whoosh which is free on her phone and watch tv on the big screen

That's perfect, Nilhg, thanks. I'll check whether she has the plus or not. I'll have a look at my whoosh too.

• Registered Users Posts: 875 ✭✭✭mamax

Another one is indievelo which is free to use at the moment as it's in testing, I've used it a bit and it works fine.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 179 ✭✭mitchelsontour

We use mywhoosh in our house myself and the 2 kids, it allows multiple profiles and as mentioned above is free.

Doesn't have the social side of loads of people using it at the same time but has multiple training plans for free.

Well worth a look.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 19,850 Mod ✭✭✭✭Weepsie

Used mywhoosh for the first time this morning. Worked as I would expect. I'll continue to use it.

I can't see any of the obvious UAE , sports washing propaganda properly as I don't wear my glasses.

Very impressed with my elite direto xr too. Loved the feel of my kinetic r1 given it rocked too, and I gave very realistic feedback on inclines, but this feels a bit quicker and more accurate

Advertisement