Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Question about tesla model 3 hiring in Italy

Options
  • 02-04-2024 10:04am
    Registered Users Posts: 134 ✭✭

I am looking at hiring a car for my family holiday in Italy in the summer. Hertz have a tesla model 3 for hire and I was wondering what is the situation with charging teslas.

Do you have to charge in a Tesla Supercharger station or can they be charged in regular charging stations i.e. CCS etc? Any other things that I should consider about choosing a tesla for this trip?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 12,774 ✭✭✭✭mfceiling

Tesla can be charged anywhere. It doesn't have to be exclusively charged at Tesla chargers.

If you were renting a house or villa and it has an outside plug you could in theory plug it in there each night if you wanted (check to see the socket could take it and would be wise to dial back the amps on the car so the plug doesn't overheat).

• Registered Users Posts: 276 ✭✭ULEZ23

I’ve never rented a Tesla but have rented a few other electric cars and it’s all different by country and rental company. Some will give you a charging fob others leave you to fight on your own which involves downloading apps, registering and figuring about many things about local charging infrastructure.

Other than the above the most annoying thing you need to consider is returning the car at the required charge level which is usually 80% otherwise you get a fine.

also don’t expect to be saving money as public service station chargers are very expensive and almost no saving at all versus petrol / diesel.

So if I’m travelling with family I reject an electric, if solo then I prefer an electric (except for Germany).

• Registered Users Posts: 1,112 ✭✭✭corglass

What's the issue with Germany?

• Registered Users Posts: 13,036 ✭✭✭✭prawnsambo

Advertisement