Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Bathroom Upgrade - 90% happy.

Options
  • 02-04-2024 10:04am
    Registered Users Posts: 893 ✭✭✭

I recently had a complete bathroom update finished, basically the whole thing replaced with walk in shower, full tiles and some (I would say) decent Villeroy & Boch fittings. In honesty it looks superb (wasn't cheap) and I'm 90% happy with it.

The issue is, the sink unit that was put in is not 100% level, I would say about 3ml out drop on the right side, to be honest you have to be looking right at it to notice… but the annoying things is that now I know its there I see it all the time. The firm that completed it say the top has been glued in place and cant be moved, but I'm considering a second opinion.

Any thoughts here.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 16,882 ✭✭✭✭Sleeper12

They glued it in off level so they have to replace the unit if needs be to rectify their mistake.

If the tiles & grout lines are level then I'd imagine the off level basin would pop up like a sore thumb.

• Registered Users Posts: 893 ✭✭✭FlubberJones

Thanks for replying, yeh it annoys me as it is the first thing I look at.

• Registered Users Posts: 834 ✭✭✭stephenmarr

post up a pic with a level.

If its not level they have to fix it simple

• Registered Users Posts: 7,836 ✭✭✭Rows Grower

A 3mm drop over a such a short distance is going to be very noticable, get them to rectify the issue.

"Very soon we are going to Mars. You wouldn't have been going to Mars if my opponent won, that I can tell you. You wouldn't even be thinking about it."

Donald Trump, March 13th 2018.

The head of the team that fitted the bathroom is attending the house tomorrow morning, keen to hear the update as he has already hinted 'the sink is glued in and won't move'….

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators Posts: 6,213 Mod ✭✭✭✭Wearb

He's got to cut it out, break it out, find a proper solvent, whatever it takes. It's not your problem how he gets it done, but he's obliged to remedy this or come to a mutual agreement on a solution.

Please follow site and charter rules. "Resistance is futile"

So the company returned, with a new sink, removed the old one and installed the new, which I'm happy to say is level and where it should be.

All good in the end, now I can use them for the next works I need / want doing.

Advertisement