Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Hawthorn Whips Question

Options
  • 01-04-2024 9:19pm
    Registered Users Posts: 17,869 ✭✭✭✭

I ordered a few Hawthorn/Blackthorn whips from connectingtonature with the plan to plant them along the edges of my lawn to make a nice natural edge and to cover up the fairly dilapidated wooden fence thats there, unfortunately I totally forgot about the Easter Bank holiday so now they've been stuck in the DPD delivery system for the last 4-5 days, do you think Im screwed or will they be okay if I get them into the ground in the next day or two?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,465 ✭✭✭PCeeeee

I planted loads of these the last couple of years. They're hardy. 4 ir 5 days will not be a problem. I had some of them a fortnight before they went in the ground and they all grew.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,070 ✭✭✭✭looksee

Give them a good soak as soon as you get them, then cover the roots till you can plant them. No problem.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 48,386 CMod ✭✭✭✭magicbastarder

as long as they're in bags and were reasonably moist going in they should be OK. the danger would be the roots drying out.

Advertisement