Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Water Softener Problem

Options
  • 01-04-2024 8:38pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,111 ✭✭✭

So we have a water softener in the house we moved into last year. It's an Avoca type,can't find any manual for it online or otherwise.

All been working fine for the last year, and I've been topping up with salt regularly. We have had no issues with limescale until this week.

At the start of the week, some contractors digging on the road outside hit and burst our water mains coming into our house. They got it sorted and when the water came back on it ran brown for a while.

But since yesterday I noticed lots of scale in the kettle. It's normally spotless. I just checked the water softener and the brine tank had a very high water level in it, above the level of the salt, so I've just topped it up and am running a cycle on it as I type this.

I have never noticed so much water in the tank of it before nor have we had scale in the kettle.

What could be going on with the softener? Could it be anything to do with the burst mains outside earlier in the week? Do they need regular servicing, I haven't done anything with it bar top up the salt every couple of weeks.

Thanks in advance

Advertisement