Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Sluggish / Sticking Tracking Pad on Acer Laptop

Options
  • 01-04-2024 8:33pm
    Registered Users Posts: 150 ✭✭

Hi

I recently purchased and Acer Laptop. The Tracking pad seems to be sluggish / sticking when using it for mouse movement…which is resulting in windows auto resizing themselves , new windows getting opening for no reason, increase and decrease in font size for no reason or mouse moving slowly and then all of a sudden flying around screen

I have tried reducing the mouse speed setting in TouchPad settings but it doesnt seem to have made much difference

Anyone seen this before with Acer or other laptops ?

Any thoughts re what wrong and/or how to fix this ?

Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,083 ✭✭✭smuggler.ie

Model? New or second hand laptop ? Win10 or 11 ?

you could try:
    restart your laptop - i know sound boring, but often users just close lid or shutdown laptop without realizing that hibernation is ON by default . Consider to disable "fast startup"
    reset touchpad settings to defaults and see if it makes difference
    disable two/three/four finger actions and see if some undesired behavior go away
    uninstall from device manager and allow system to "load" it again
    Download and manually install drivers directly from manufacturer website, by your model

one change at the time and test

• Registered Users Posts: 5,794 ✭✭✭Princess Calla

Yeah this happened with my windows vista Acer laptop.

Out of nowhere the screen would maximise, minimise over and over like it was possessed. Always seemed to happen when I'd a college assignment deadline.

I never got a resolution for it. Though I think ctrl +O made the screen normal again.

Absolute pain in the hole.

• Registered Users Posts: 11 boarjosh

I resorted to using a Bluetooth mouse as I couldn't find a solution for the sluggish tracking pad on my laptop.

Advertisement