Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Peugout 308 Engine Failure

Options
  • 01-04-2024 7:29pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2

Hi. I am wondering if anyone else here has had the same experience as me? I bought a brand new 308 peugout in 2016, making it 8 years old now. It has 152,000KM and has a full service history from the dealer. However, a couple of years ago the oil warning light came on, I brought it before next due service where they proceeded to change oil fliter and oil. However, the problem continued about 2 months later and they decided it was time to change the timing belt. Surprise this did not resolve the problem either. When I brought the car back again I was told that they can´t find any problem, so I had to keep topping the engine up with oil. Less than a year from the changing of the timing belt, I was driving on a motorway when it suddenly lost all power, slowed down. I got it brought to the dealers where I was told that it was a complete engine failure and would need a new engine. Obviously by now the car is out of warranty. My husband is spanish and was reading on spanish forums that the same was happening to people there. However, lately peugout have realised that there is a problem and if you can prove a full service history they will cover the repair costs for cars up to 10 years old. Has anyone else had this problem? Are we the only people in the country that has had the misfortune of the car failing. I would love to get advice and hear suggestions from people as I am totally sick to the core about the situation. Thank you.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 254 ✭✭Birka

The wet belt issue was well known a few years back and changing the belt alone is not enough once it's started to disintegrate. The garage has handled the problem badly from the start and that should form part of your argument for some sort of financial contribution from the manufacturer.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,003 ✭✭✭Firblog

Not Peugout, OH had issue with Mazda CX-5, engine banjaxed, had full service history with main dealer, spoke nicely but firmly and often to mazda asking how this could happen to a car worth XX when she took such good care of it etc, they finally agreed to supply all part foc, OH paid for labour to repair.

Engine failed again 4000km later 🙄

• Registered Users Posts: 2 bredabmc

it’s heartbreaking that we aren’t get good product for our hard earned cash. At least you got some come back from dealer.

Advertisement