Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Hillarys Blinds

Options
  • 01-04-2024 5:11pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,111 ✭✭✭

Looking at getting vertical blinds for the balcony doors. Roughly 250x77cm and probably some blinds for a small window in the box room

I like the look of Hillarys and their measuring/advice service.

Has anyone used them recently? I get the impression their prices might be a bit spicy?

Tagged:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,664 ✭✭✭Wanderer2010

Used them last year to get Venetian blinds upstairs and downstairs. They use high quality materials so I have no issues on that front and they have been very sturdy. What I would say is dont accept their first offer, which will typically be "Now these should be 1000 but for you I'll do 800". Tell them you weren't expecting that price and they will likely go down again in price. Not saying they 100% will but worth a shot!

My only downside is the fitter who did my house shoved his card in my hand when the job was done and told him to give him a top review on Trust pilot as "that's where I get all my business from". I thought it was very presumptuous to expect a glowing review on the day he did the job. His work could have been shoddy and there's no way I would know that on day one

If they are still solid after a year I'll give him a good review then.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,189 ✭✭✭This is it

A relative used them and had some, I suppose minor, issues. The blinds themselves were fine but the lad who fitted them wasn't great. One was too close to the window meaning the handle was pushing against the blind when down. Two or three were way off square, not too bad when they're up but again, when they're down it's very noticeable. Another they had asked specifically for the chain to be on one side but it was fit to the other.

They did come back and resolve after some back and forth but that should be simple stuff that's right the first time. They're in about 2 years now and no other issues, quality of the blinds themselves seems good.

• Registered Users Posts: 20 Jay2023

stay away. I had an ordeal with them this time last year. If only I read their online reviews before hand.
    I asked for blackout blinds and they came and fitted them like in the pics below. Never told me they wouldn’t be a good fit and then tried to tell me they did tell me and wanted me to pay to get them replaced and fitted properly. In total it took about 3 months from initial fitting to the final blinds going up

• Registered Users Posts: 119 ✭✭_H80_GHT

Oh, nice room that. Can I ask, do you find the advantages of having such great, big windows in a bedroom are negated by the lack of privacy?

Advertisement