Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Have not received any communication other than getting this when I try read a few threads.

Options
  • 01-04-2024 2:54pm
    Registered Users Posts: 501 ✭✭✭

Keep receiving this message. Did not receive anything else in regards to the issue.

Post edited by Shield on

Comments

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators, Help & Feedback Category Moderators Posts: 9,644 CMod ✭✭✭✭Shield

What exactly are you doing when that message pops up? Are you trying to access a forum or a social group like Soccer?

• Registered Users Posts: 501 ✭✭✭RCSATELLITES

I am clicking a link from the boards email to a comment made in the Bargain Alerts: LIDL plus app.

Like this comment.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators, Help & Feedback Category Moderators Posts: 9,644 CMod ✭✭✭✭Shield

No the same thing comes up. Thanks

Ok then, this means that you have been banned from that site. Do you remember being banned from that forum at all?

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Help & Feedback Category Moderators Posts: 25,074 CMod ✭✭✭✭Spear

@Davy @Sheep Shagger @Blade

Can any of the BA mods shed any light on this?

No one told me I was banned or if I said anything that was against boards.ie rules and guidelines. Or if I offended anybody in general.

Ok then, let’s see what the moderators of the forum have to say when they get a chance to look into it.

-Shield

Right no one claimed the ban, you may remove it. Only fair, it's been 4 days now. The "procedure" was not followed properly.

Hi @Nody as you can see from Spear’s post above, we have tried to identify which mod was responsible for implementing this user’s ban, but nobody has replied. As Davy has been away since December 2021, there is a possibility that he was the one who banned @RCSATELLITES but this is mere speculation.

Since you are the last remaining active CMod for Business & Finance, is there any way you can check how this user came to be banned, and whether it’s permanent or was due to be lifted at some point, for example, during the Vanilla migration?

Thanks lots,

-Shield

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Help & Feedback Category Moderators Posts: 25,074 CMod ✭✭✭✭Spear

I've PM'd the other two listed mods in the meantime to give a nudge, the mention notifications aren't the most visible.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators Posts: 6,224 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sheep Shagger

I don't recall banning this poster, when was the last time he could access BA?

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Music Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 4,499 Mod ✭✭✭✭Blade

I banned this poster for one week for being uncivil to another user. The ban expires 08/04/2024

I assumed they would have received that notification from the system.

Was that my retaliation after this comment.

"WTF have immigrants got to do with your poxy baileys"

Not sure that was a very civilised comment, did he get a ban also?

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Music Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 4,499 Mod ✭✭✭✭Blade

I believe that user's response to you was after you said this:

"If only they were this proactive on the immigrants arriving without passports and walking straight through the front door".

You then replied to him with this:

"It's got to do with policing our borders. Getting priorities correct. Something a small minded person wouldn't understand."

And it's not just these comments in particular, but the general antagonising tone in your posting style that we will not tolerate on Bargain Alerts.

I banned you for just one week as a warning to tone it down. Keep that in mind…

In total, 3,285 people arrived to Dublin Airport without a valid identity document, representing 69.75% of all asylum applications made at the airport.

My comment on Immigrants is a fact and a quick google search will bring up articles in the Independent, Irish Times and also on RTE.

Going by that guys use of language he is not an immigrant, so his response should not of been tolerated by Bargain Alerts.

Considering his language to me, my next comment was very civil and not rude at all. I also said a small minded "person" which is not entirely saying he is. While his comment uses your poxy, which was directed at me.

Anyway I feel I have contributed a lot to bargain alerts, helped lots of people with questions on the Lidl app, shared information and helped people on the Vodafone bargain thread and so on. I will leave it at that. I will try to be less antagonising 👍

Post edited by RCSATELLITES on

You seem to be confusing Bargain Alerts with the Politics Forum. We're not interested about how you feel about immigrants on Bargain Alerts and I doubt anyone here is either. Keep your politics off Bargain Alerts and stop using off-topic and antagonising language towards our other users, looking for reactions and causing arguments.

Keep it up and your next ban might well be permanent.

Please close this. Thanks

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.

Advertisement